Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dogpile

Mom: "Madi!  Don't jump on your sister's stomach!"

Watching Sarah laying on the floor of my room,  I foolishly made a quip about "dogpiling on Sarah"... which prompted Madi to run to Sarah's side, then drop to her knees... on Sarah's stomach.  Leading me to the quote above.

After a brief training session on the humane application of "dogpile", Madi left for... something electronic, probably.  Sarah, apparently uninjured, continued laying on my floor, quizzing me about why stomach jumping wasn't a good idea.

Sarah: "What might happen?"
Mom: "One of your organs might get bruised."
Sarah: "What would happen?"
Mom: "It would hurt."
Sarah: "Would I have to go to the hospital?"
Mom: "Maybe - if it was bad."
Sarah: "And then you would get a brand-new Sarah?"
Mom:  "Never!  There's only one Sarah - I couldn't get a new one!"

Looking at Sarah's silly smirk at this point, I realized yet again that there is a lot more going on in there than she lets on.  After all, who doesn't want to be reassured that they're totally irreplaceable once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment