![]() |
| hersheys.com |
I love these so much that I rarely buy them. They have a half-life of nanoseconds once I know of their existence in our home.
Showing her kindheartedness, Sarah went through her bag of Halloween candy and gave me every last Reese's she found. When I protested that she should keep some because she likes them too, she just said "But they are your favorite, Mom!" and refused to keep any. Acts like this save her when I'm out-of-my-mind exasperated with some autistic quirk, because I remember that life with her is not all bad.
My more rational younger daughter took the smarter (?) route and immediately HID all of hers so that I couldn't get to them. I'm guessing she hasn't figured out the value of a goodwill offering.
My wonderful husband has small stashes of these around the house for when I start whining that I NEED chocolate but we don't have any. He has learned over the years that if he tries to hide a whole bag of them, I will literally sniff them out. I don't know his system, but he hides a few here and a few there for when my hormones cry out for some choco/peanut-butter love. Brilliant. I am so grateful for him... but that's a separate post. :)
ps - My peanut butter cup love does not extend to Reese's Pieces. No way. Yuck.

2 comments:
What a great post! I love how your daughters and your husband handle reese's in the house so differently.
Thanks for the compliment. It is pretty funny how differently they handle me, right?
Post a Comment