Those who are aware of my posting frequency are probably chuckling at this one, but it's true. I do enjoy blogging - some days more than others - because it causes me to actually think about the life I'm living.
This may be terribly narcissistic, but I read and re-read my blog often. Truth is, I have a terrible memory. Not the met-you-at-an-event-and-can't-remember-your-name kind of poor memory, but a real honest-to-goodness my-past-is-really-kinda-blank memory. I have a few memories - good and bad - but most are really hard to recall without a photo or note. I need a visual reminder, and that can often bring up the memory.
On the downside, it tends to make me forget things that are important to other people, like favorite foods, interests, their kids, things we've done together... basically, if I don't work at it, I come across as very self-involved.
On the upside, it makes it really hard to hold a grudge. :)
So, blogging helps me remember events in my life that are worth remembering, good or bad, and that makes me happy.
1 comment:
Just don't start blogging about things that will make you want to hold a grudge, and you should be fine! :)
p.S. I'm kinda the same way, though I don't spend too much time re-reading my blog.
Post a Comment