Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

THIS is what I'm up against...

Last night Gary and I watched a movie (Evan Almighty) after we put the kids to bed. As I've been doing lately, I decided to use the "free step" option on the Wii, which keeps track as you step on and off the balance board, and allows you to change the channel to watch something else while you exercise. (I use the term "exercise" loosely... basically, you are marching in place for 30 minutes, but hey - it burns more calories than sitting on the couch.)

So, we're all set up, and I'm marching away, watching the movie, and I notice that there are soft clinking noises coming from behind me. I look over my shoulder to see my husband, lounging on the couch, feet up on the coffee table... eating a bowl of ice cream.

"Does it bother you to eat that ice cream while I'm here, exercising?" I ask.

"No, not at all," he innocently replies, giving me a puzzled look.

I sigh and turn back to the movie, grateful for once for my lactose intolerance.

3 comments:

JoJuan said...

I really love how he seemed to think you were truly concerned for his viewing enjoyment. Gregg would have immediately smelled a trap and would have wisely said nothing. I'm impressed with your dedication towards your goal.

JoJuan said...

PS Gregg just read this post and just laughed. And wisely said nothing.

Laura said...

*giggles* I guess you got the brother with the most street smarts...

Post a Comment