Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary

So it's not technically our anniversary yet (13 more days) but I got my present early. At left is the "before", and below is the "after" picture of my desk. As you can see, my trusty Samsung monitor has been replaced with a sleek 23" Acer widescreen. After a few months of intermittently turning faces purplish, then red, then snapping back to normal, I decided that the Samsung CRT was due for retirement. After all, how can you edit photos when the colors on the screen keep changing?? After consulting "the computer guy" I used my super online shopper skills to find an awesome sale (I love newegg.com!); kudos to my husband for agreeing to an anniversary present that he will rarely use.

Anyway, I love the new monitor, even if it does make me feel old (the words are so tiny at 1920 x 1080... and yes, I know that you can adjust for that, but choosing "extra large" fonts just makes me feel even more visually impaired than I am, and that's saying A LOT). The best thing about the situation is not obvious from the pictures - I have doubled the work space on my desk. The CRT was so big that it came within a few inches of the front edge. The new setup allows me to put a 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper in front of me. Heaven!

Now, anyone who knows me (and why else would you be reading this blog??) knows that the LAST thing I need is extra incentive to spend time on the computer. So, here's hoping that I can fight the temptation to spend all day in front of my shiny new screen.

and yes, I know I need artwork on the walls, but I've been in a minimalist rut lately...

2 comments:

JoJuan said...

I'm so jealous. I want a better monitor. Funny how we get older and started coveting things like computer monitors.

Laura said...

Amen, sister!

Post a Comment