
So this afternoon, we took our girls to see
Magic Tree House, the Musical at the State Theatre. Our seats were in the 9th row from the stage, so we were pretty close. The view was excellent, but in the future, I think we'll try moving back a bit... my girls are still too timid, and the action was a bit too much at times.
Anyway, it was a decent production, and we managed to stay in our seats the whole time (both girls wanted to get up and leave at least once, but we were able to talk them into staying). I think that, overall, they both really enjoyed themselves. At the end, Sarah said "and Jack and Annie lived happily ever after. The end." and gave it a "thumbs up".

Of course, no event would be complete without the inevitable souvenirs, so we are now the proud owners of the
Magic Tree House: The Musical CD, as well as a light-up magic wand that bears an uncanny resemblence to a light saber. Apparently, my aversion to purchasing toy weapons has been lost along the wayside...

After the show, we walked two blocks to Applebee's for dinner. Doesn't seem like far, but when you've got Sarah, well, it's an accomplishment! I don't think she would have done it for a lesser restaurant, but Applebee's is her favorite...

We returned right at bedtime, but Sarah insisted that I import the CD into iTunes and add it to her iPod so that she could listen before she went to sleep. Madilyn was wishing that she had a magic tree house so that she could point to one of the pictures in her Speed Racer book and say "I wish I could go
there." That girl lives for Speed Racer... but that's another story.
Anyway, my girls really love the Magic Tree House book series, and it was neat to see Jack and Annie "brought to life." A fun family outing!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys had fun. I wish is was around here!!
Post a Comment