Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Monster Blood

Madilyn has recently taken a liking to the R.L. Stein "Goosebumps" series.  Her latest read was "Monster Blood".

Something scary is happening in GOOSEBUMPS HORRORLAND, the all-new, all-terrifying series by R. L. Stine. Just how scary? You'll never know unless you crack open this classic prequel!
Evan visits an eerie old toy store and buys a dusty can of Monster Blood. But then he notices something weird about the slimy green ooze. It keeps growing. And growing. And growing.

And all that growing has given the Monster Blood a monstrous appetite. . . .

Can I just say that this is the girl who still gets scared during tense scenes in PG movies?  But, she really seems to love these books, and I know that they're a grade-school staple.  So, I just smile indulgently when she shows me her latest read...

Back to our story.  The book shown above comes with a recipe for Monster Blood in the back, and Madi had her heart set on trying it out.  She's been pestering me to buy Jell-O (ugh) so that she could make some.  I finally did, and here's the story of our laboratory experiment:

Here's Madi adding the green food coloring after smashing up the blue Jell-O.

The finished product.

Monster Blood - in a glass.  Aren't the blue chunks appealing?

Ready to sample some Monster Blood.

The face of horror afterwards, because the stuff tasted horrific!

We ended up sending the Monster Blood down the drain, because neither one of us could take more than a sip without wanting to gag.  I guess I shouldn't have expected smashed Berry Blue Jell-O floating in apple juice to taste good...

But now the Monster Blood is snaking its way through the sewers, free to terrorize another hapless family... will you be safe?   BWAHH HAA HAA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I was hoping it was going to taste good !!! LOL!!! Ann

Post a Comment