Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Family Fun

Tonight, for our family night, we went to check out a lighted sledding hill.  This outing had a dual purpose - the youth group wanted to have a sledding night on Wednesday, and I wanted to scope out the hill in advance - but that didn't mean that we couldn't have fun doing it.

Wow!  I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time.  I caught air a couple of times, but the best (?) run was (unintentionally) flying backwards down the hill in a small saucer, which hit a bump, flew off the ground, hit the ground at full speed, and then snowballed - with me executing a perfect backwards somersault.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop.

Sarah stayed in the car the whole time, but Madi was loving it, in spite of the fact that she claimed "I almost died!" after every run.  She did a really great job, and didn't even complain about climbing the very steep hill time after time.

We ended the expedition with hot chocolate (except Sarah, who vetoed the idea) and a quick trip to Menards and Fleet Farm to try and buy new sleds.  Turns out that it's pretty hard to find them in March, even in Minnesota.  All in all, a great family night.

The youth group is going to have a great time on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment