So now I am SO wishing for some snow again... so I can try out this new cool new app that I downloaded for my phone, called RunKeeper. It uses the phone's GPS to track you on your workout, so that you know distance, speed, elevation, route, etc. for workouts. It would have been perfect to use on my skiing this winter! I'll use it for my walking, running, and biking this summer instead. For my inside workouts, I'll rely on the Nike+ iPod sensor that my mother-in-law got me for my birthday (which, unfortunately, doesn't work with the skiing motion.)
All this accountability! Now I'll hopefully see some real progress over the summer if I can remember to move properly! Last year's injury really slowed me down, but this year I'm determined to run at least one 5K. There, I wrote it. I'm committed! Now I just need to use what my physical therapist taught me and really think when I'm running. If I don't focus on proper hip rotation, things get all sorts of messed up. Guess so many years of being twisted has really done a number on me... but I'd like to think it's never too late to change.
So - if you're a RunKeeper member, look for "toxicgirl" stats... that's me! I posted my first workout of the c25k (couch to 5K) series today.
2 comments:
Sarah and I will give you water as you pass by, hopefully Madilyn will take up the challenge and run with you.
Thanks for the support - I'm hoping that Madilyn will rise to the occasion. Plus, if she runs with me, it will give me an excuse to be slow! :-)
Post a Comment