Thanks to all who expressed their concern over my running lamentations. Fear not, I won't pursue something that doesn't bring me any joy... but I also won't give up without giving it a fair shake. Cross country skiing was frustrating at first - just ask my husband about our first skiing trip - but now you can't keep me off the trail when the snow flies.
Thanks, also, for all the tips and recommendations. I do have proper shoes, vetted by my physical therapist, and know the proper stretches to do to keep things loose... I just need to DO them.
My primary hope in my post was to document how I felt at the beginning, so that a few months down the road, when I'm feeling the running love, I can laugh and be proud that I persevered. I'm grateful to all those who were worried for me! *hugs*
No comments:
Post a Comment