My skis came in the mail yesterday afternoon, and I almost immediately put them in the car and headed to the ski shop to have the bindings installed. At the risk of sounding more girly than I actually am, I love how they match my new boots and are SOOOO pretty!!
I wanted to post about my first outing on new skis, but am so busy that I'm going to cheat and just copy my ski log entry below... hence the sentence fragments, etc. I use a different standard of writing on the ski log, but you'll get the idea...
3-2 (solo) Vadnais Lake. Maiden outing with my new skis!! While now I can actually glide, this was not the trail for it today - most of the trail is in the sun, and the snow was very soft and mushy. Temps were in the high 30's. Skied the 4.3K in about an hour, but was very tired at the end. Going up hills is so much easier now, but steering is much harder - I've got an extra 12 inches of ski to compensate for. Only fell once at the very end when I couldn't navigate the turn. So amazing to feel my skis respond differently to different pressure zones! Had fun leaning and shifting my weight all over to figure out what would happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment