Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Trip to China

So, below is an example of the type of communication I have with my husband when he is out of the country. A man of few words, no? (Note: this is actually the longer of the two emails that I received from him during his trip. The first was a blank message with the subject line "Made it to china".)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gary Poulsen <ggpoulsen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu,Jan 14, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Subject: Boarding flight 9:50am
To: Laura Poulsen <lmpoulsen@gmail.com>


Flight looks good, bought slippers for Sarah and glass globe like snow globe for madi.


Madilyn had asked for a snow globe, so I figured he was on track with
that one, but I was very worried because I pictured embroidered
Chinese slippers for Sarah, and thought... what is he thinking?? She
hates wearing slippers!

Well, he was a hit when he got home, because these were the gifts he brought:

Super cool glass globe that spins on its base. Madilyn had asked for a snow globe with the great wall of China in it (?? where do they come up with these ideas??) and this is pretty near perfect. Madilyn was unconcerned about the lack of snow; I thought it looked classier this way.



Panda slippers! Sarah, the girl who hates wearing things on her feet, wears these things constantly. She rocks the panda slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment