Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Skiing again!

Today was a WONDERFUL day! Kate and I grabbed our skis and headed up to Wm. O'Brien State Park for some xc skiing. The weather was great, and the views from the trail were fabulous. It had gotten warm and foggy the day before, then froze overnight, so everything had a beautiful covering of frost.

Why, you ask, didn't you take any pictures to include with your post? Well, when we left, I wasn't in the greatest mood, and didn't really feel like talking. Kate, great friend that she is, accepted this without complaint. I told her to go ahead and lead, rather than ski beside me.

Mistake. The woman has been going easy on me. Although I was able to keep up with her, her pace is definitely faster than mine. She sincerely mentioned that she was having a hard time getting moving that day, for which I was grateful, since I couldn't have kept up with her if she was feeling chipper!

In spite of what her kids think, she doesn't have eyes in the back of her head, so she didn't see me struggling, and of course, I am far too proud to not try and keep up. So, I kept quiet and slogged on. At first I kept thinking about being a flabby 43 year old out-of-shape housewife, making a fool of herself... but then I realized... at least I'm out doing something! Then, my quest seemed a little more valiant. Although humbling, it was actually quite a fun workout.

So that's why no pictures. I was too busy sweating. Seriously. I had the soaked-through coat to prove it.

YES! Back again tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment