Well, today I had a visit with my physical therapist. After taking my measurements, she announced "Hey! You're normal!", after which we both had a hearty laugh, because even though I only see her a few times a month, she knows that I am anything but.
Actually, what she meant was that my crooked hips and tweaked torso have actually come back into (almost) alignment. I do feel better, and now know what to do when I start to get all (physically) out-of-whack. The mental part, well, I'm on my own.
So, she's sent me on my way with ab exercises to strengthen my almost-non-existent ab muscles, so that my freakishly-strong back muscles don't get so worn out from doing all the work.
Although I'm glad that I'm done, I'm going to miss her - she's an awesome physical therapist, not to mention an amazing and funny person. I suspect we would have become friends if we had met outside of therapy... or then again, maybe she just has wicked good people skills. Either way, I enjoyed getting to know her.
Anyway, YAY for me for untwisting myself during the last 7 months!!
No comments:
Post a Comment