Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

He remembered!

My husband returned from his business trip late Thursday night, bringing me flowers.  I was genuinely surprised, and asked him what the occasion was.  "Our anniversary, silly!" he replied.


He was right!  Friday was our anniversary, and he was actually early. To give credit where credit is due, he was supremely early this year, since he bought me a mirror that I've been drooling over and it arrived a week ago.  I figured that was it, so the flowers were a nice bonus.


As is fitting for couples married for 16 years, we spent the day apart.  :)

I had been trapped in the house for a week with sick kids while he was out of town, so he took the day off, and I left to run errands and just generally be somewhere other than home.  At dinner time, he called in an order and I picked up food from India Palace (our go-to restaurant), and we had dinner at home, with yummy carrot cake for dessert.  We got the kids to bed, and snuggled in for a (strange) Netflix movie - The Ramen Girl.

All in all, a pretty great day.

1 comment:

Clarinda said...

Hey! Happy anniversary. What a great guy to remember, and that's a beautiful mirror. :)

Glad you got to spend some time together at the end of the day.

I've seen Ramen Girl! Hope you enjoyed it.

Post a Comment