Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Follow By Email

Don't worry, this doesn't count as my daily post during the 30 day challenge...

Just wanted to encourage readers to use the "Follow by email" box on the right side of the page (below the "about me" section, and above the "subscribe to" section) to follow my blog. Google will send you a daily email on days when I post something.  If I don't post - no email.

You'll get the new post in your inbox - no need to check the blog, unless you want to check the workout log, ski log, or thoughts pages... which I haven't updated in forever anyway.

I prefer this to the old way, where I specify up to 10 email addresses to immediately receive any posts I publish.  The reason I don't care for that system is, well, I can count on one hand the number of times that I've published something and NOT gone back in and revised it.  My readers end up getting the first draft, not the final version (because it doesn't email revisions).

The "Follow by email" option issues one email per day at the end of the day, and only on days when I've posted.  The only downside is that you need to set it up.  It's super easy, just a few clicks, and completely private... you won't be listed in my blog sidebar.  So, it's even convenient for lurkers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment