Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby, it's bleepin' cold outside

So, we're on the verge of a big storm, and things are feeling wintry around here.

I've been walking Madilyn to school in the mornings, and have been really frustrated at how cold my hands get. With sage Western wisdom, my husband declared that my hands were cold because I wasn't wearing a hat. On my head.

Hmmmm... OK. I'll bite. So today I wore a balaclava (google it), hat, glove liners, and double thick gloves with Thinsulate. (That's 3 layers of glove, people - rending my hands completely useless) And my warmest winter coat. And I still couldn't feel my fingers after the first 5 minutes.

Well, that's not entirely true. I WISHED I couldn't feel my fingers, because they were SCREAMING in pain with how cold they were. It actually took 25 minutes for them to go numb. All this, and the temps are still in the double digits. Things are not looking good for the rest of the winter season...

No comments:

Post a Comment