So, I've turned 45, and I am just now getting my own "big girl bed". Since moving out of my parents' house, I haven't had a bed with anything other than a metal mattress frame.
Ok, that's not entirely true - I did have a brief flirtation with an improperly-sized headboard as a newlywed. When we got married, Gary's mom gave us the bedroom set that she and Gary's dad had purchased when they married, and it had a headboard. I say had, because although I was able to repaint and recraft the other furniture to something more my style, I just couldn't make the headboard work. So, we still use the bedroom furniture, but the headboard went to charity.
But that's not the point of the post! I actually ordered a new bed, and will be getting a new mattress to use with it!! After hearing me complain about our current mattress for the last 7 years, my husband has decided that it's time for a new one. I jumped all over this, and have already ordered the bed frame, shown below.
Details to follow after I order the mattress... we're thinking Tempur-pedic.

No comments:
Post a Comment