In my heart, I will always be a California girl. Yes, I grew up in Michigan, and only spent a few short years living west of the Rockies, but when I was there, it just felt... right. Hated being far from family, but there was a peace in my soul in Northern California. I've lived lots of other places, and enjoyed most of them (Columbia!) but my dream is to someday return to California. Hopefully after they've fixed all the political and budget problems, and home prices become somewhat reasonable. I'm not holding my breath on the last two...
I digress. It was -22 here this morning when we got up. -26 if you count the wind chill. Now, I have learned to really love winter, especially if there's snow on the ground, because I love to ski. There aren't a whole lot of places in the country where you can have an active xc-ski-life like I do. It's awesome that I can ski 4-5 times a week, schedule permitting. But seriously, -26 -- that's cold.
Especially since I'm supposed to go snowshoeing tonight. I signed up for this women's outing; 60 minute hike with a bonfire at an igloo at the end. (Yes, I know the two don't seem to go together, bonfires and igloos). So, I'm channeling my inner Minnesotan, putting on my 27 layers, and going to tough it out. I think. Hopefully I won't end up like this little guy.
This photo was taken Tuesday morning in Redwood Falls, Minnesota. A squirrel was found frozen, standing up with its hands up to its face. Submitted by: Chris Lee, Fairfax, MN.
3pm update: So far it's only gotten up to -3. I doubt that it's going to get warmer after the sun goes down, regardless of the weather forecast, so I made the decision to stay home and stay warm. My snowshoe adventures will have to wait.

2 comments:
I really thought squirrels were smarter than this. Darwin in action.
What a sad picture! :( Poor little squirrel.
As much fun as a bonfire in an igloo sounds, I'm glad you decided to stay in and stay WARM!!
Post a Comment