Welcome to Marbles, the latest addition to our family! Apparently, I was killing off fish too quickly, and my friend Ann took pity on my children and offered us their rabbit. Thinking perhaps, that warm blooded mammals are harder to kill than cold blooded vertebrates??? Sheesh, I sure hope she's right! This one might be hard to flush... (ugh)
My friend Kate is not so sure; she's sticking by the "Toxic Girl" nickname that I earned during the fish debacle. I hope to prove her wrong... and hey, they didn't all die... just 9 out of 11. Okay, that's a 81% mortality rate, but still. The remaining two have survived for 45 days.
Back to the bunny. Marbles is a very healthy sized English Spot rabbit; she's larger than most cats. (For reference, the arm of the couch is 9 1/2" tall). She's been with us for about a week on a trial basis, and we've officially confirmed that she can stay. Despite the fact that she has a lot more personality than goldfish, Sarah remains attached to Goldie and Nemo. So, Marbles has become known as Madilyn's rabbit. Fine by me, since she feels ownership for the food and litter box as well! We'll see how long that lasts...
Here's a picture of her, with all her rabbitude...
And no, Marbles can't shoot laser beams from her eyes. That would be cool, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment