Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Monday, March 2, 2009

XC skiing... finally!

After (probably more than) 13 years, I finally put the skis on and hit the trails with my friend Kate. She loaned me some snowpants - I don't even remember what happened to mine - and was patient with me as we slowly shuffled off.

I was surprised at how quickly it came back to me; I guess it's like bike riding (which I plan to start again when the snow melts). Anyway, the trails that we used were at a park directly across the street from the girls' school... which, of course, is less than a mile from my house. I officially have no more excuses for not getting out (except maybe lack of snow... but where we live, that's not normally a problem).

It's so much more fun to exercise with a friend, and I'm glad that I let Kate talk me into going. We had a great time! Turns out, we have a lot in common. She's even a fellow Saab owner, and hey, how many of those are there? She trumps me on the coolness factor though, 'cause a convertible is loads cooler than a station wagon.

I only fell once, but Kate captured it for posterity, so I'm including it in the interest of full disclosure. We actually skiied over 4 miles, which was probably too much for the first time out...tomorrow I'll probably pay the price. But for now, just happy memories and a feeling of accomplishment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you only fell once BECAUSE grass was in your path. If the snow had been thicker you wouldn't have fallen at all!!! It's the grasses fault!!! And... you did better than me - I was down 3 times!!!

I had a blast!

Post a Comment