Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Change is Good

Have you ever made a change, then asked yourself - "Why on earth did I wait so long to do that?"

I took the plunge and changed my hair today.  I colored it myself, then went and got a new cut.  Can I just say - I love my stylist.  I took in a picture of what I wanted, and she did a fabulous job of adapting it to my face shape and hair type.   It was amazing how much hair was piled up on the floor when she was done.

Here is the before shot.  (This is me first thing in the morning, no shower, no makeup.  I can't believe I'm posting it, but it's all I've got.)
Here is the final result!

I might go in for a few highlights, but for now, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I'll have to check some old photos, but I think it's a lot like a cut I used to have years ago.

Amazingly, Sarah looked at me when I got home and didn't even comment. The girl notices every burned out bulb, every balloon that's floated to the 20 ft. ceiling of the store, every minute detail of... everything, and she doesn't even notice that Mom cut 6 inches off her hair.

Madi took one look at me and said - "Mom, your hair looks weird. (pause) You look like Grandma Gail."  Grandma Gail, I'm certain that she does NOT think you (or your hair) are weird.  And even if she does, she still loves you very, very much.

1 comment:

Clarinda said...

It's adorable! I love it. :)

Post a Comment