Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tried... and failed

So, I tried riding my mountain bike on a casual ride to the elementary school and back (less than two miles) yesterday.  I was riding at a Madi pace (which is surprisingly fast - 10-12 mph) and there were no hills.

My knee was stiff, but I expected as much, seeing as I haven't done anything in the last 5 weeks except lose muscle and gain weight.  By the time I was close to home - about mile 1.5 - the knee was really starting to complain.

I came home, and took 2 Aleve (which my doctor tells me is prescription strength).  Hours later I was still in pain, and it was getting worse.  I called the doctor to see what last Friday's MRI said, but I haven't heard back.  My biggest fear is that the MRI will be clean, and then what?

Regardless, it doesn't appear that I will be hopping back on the bike anytime soon.  *sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment