Read our 2011 Christmas Letter here.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Gray in my life

Gray - and the lack of it - has such a presence in my life. Depression causes entire days to be just gray and dismal. Those days, it's a challenge just to focus. Life seems drab and just blah. Those are the gray times that I hate. Those are the times that I wish for a life without gray.

There are times, however, when I am cursed to have a life without gray... a different kind of gray. Living with someone with autism completely changes your perspective on the world. Just today I realized that the gray zone - the distinction between black and white - has been fading from my world view. Having to explain everything to my daughter, who only comprehends black and white, has led me to simplify my own world view.

I want to use this blog to remind myself of the consequences of doing so, and to record some of the funny moments that arise when you view life without the gray.

1 comment:

Broncoman said...

Reading your words was painful and beautiful at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment